Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
By June RamliTweet
Giving Women A Fair Go
The belief in a ‘fair go’ is embedded in Australian society, yet gender inequality continues to be a problem and it’s holding the economy back.
So what can be done about this ongoing inequality and why should Australia as a nation care?
Welcome to another episode of 30 minutes with DailyStraits.com.When it comes to gender equality in Australia, one person has heaps of things to say about this topic.
And that one person is Dr Kathryn Evans.
Evans recently penned a book titled Advance Australia Fairly– on why there is a need for Australia to have a national plan for gender equality to drive the nation’s success.
She is the Australian Managing Director of a multinational biotechnology company. As a qualified pharmacist, Kathryn made her mark as a top salesperson for companies such as Roche, Cochlear and Sanofi, before going on to earn her MBA.
She was awarded a Doctor of Business Administration in 2019 for her influential research on women in senior leadership, and in 2020 her research findings were published in the Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources.
Our chat with Evans is going to revolve around the book itself and how Australian business can do better by incalculating more women in the top management.
In this podcast, we discuss:
- As a woman in a high position in a multinational company, how hard was it for you to climb the corporate ladder?
- In most offices, workers are barred from discussing our salaries with our co-workers in the open, but generally men do get paid more because of the traditional concept that they are breadwinners of a family and hence they need more pay. So, with all of this in mind, how do you propose that we close the gender pay gap among men and women in Australia?
- How can Australian businesses support more women to participate more fully in our labour market and more…
Without further ado, let’s listen and watch the interview with Evans here:
To our listeners out there, we have one signed copy to give away to our Australian-based listeners. Just email us your name and address to email@example.com and we will be sure to send you the copy as we can. Thank you.
Listen to previous episodes here:
- EP 56: Lina Patel, Mary O’Keeffe of Greaterthan
- EP 55: Brodie Haupt of WLTH
- News: Senior Aussies Big Windfall
- Podcast: Brendan Malone of Raiz Australia
- “A Prime Minister was operating rogue..it trashes the institutions” – Bill Shorten on Australia Today
Subscribe to DailyStraits.com podcasts at:
Spotify, iTunes, Google, Anchor, iHeartRadio, SoundCloud, Amazon, Stitcher, YouTube and Acast
Editor’s Note: You can now download our app on the Google Play Store or the Apple Store, or write your next best-selling novel with our sister app Toolis, available on the Apple Store and Google Play Store or purchase something from us at www.tapiroo.com, yayaezzy.com or at lazybumskincare.com.au.
We are happy to note that we are also now on Amazon Australia. Purchase our products as a show of support to us. They are Yaya, Ezzy, Tante June and Xeno backpacks or our beauty products such as LazyBum Skincare Facial Cleanser, LazyBum Skincare Toner and Moisturiser and Blitz Hair Oil Spray.
Also, check out our rate card and media kit here if you would like to advertise with us on this website. Thank you!
Like What You Read?
Howdy! Thanks for dropping by and reading our stuff. DailyStraits.com is an independent website that covers all things business and entrepreneurship related. If you like what you read, a little donation from your good self will go a long way in helping us run this site successfully. Thank you!
June Ramli is the editor of DailyStraits.com. To stay in touch with June, look her up on Twitter @junesairaramli