SMEs Eye Growth 

Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter

Kuala Lumpur, March 9:  FedEx Express, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp and one of the world’s largest express transportation companies, together with SME Association of Malaysia, recently released the results of a joint survey titled ‘Levelling Up the Logistics Strategy for SMEs in Malaysia’. 
According to the survey, the majority of Malaysian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are seeking opportunities in international trade within the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, especially within Southeast Asia and East Asian markets such as China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
Survey respondents also identified other markets of interest including those in Europe, the Middle East and the Americas.  

Left to Right: SC Chong, Managing Director of FedEx Express Malaysia and Ding Hong Sing,
President of the SME Association of Malaysia. Image supplied.

More than half (58 per cent) of the respondents indicated they are looking at expanding their business presence, while the remaining respondents (42 per cent) remain cautious, indicating business expansions are not on their cards.
Over half (54 per cent) cited sustaining sales as their key priority for the first half of the year, amid the continued impact of the pandemic.
One-third (34 per cent) of SMEs want to focus on enhancing operational efficiencies so that their businesses remain sustainable and operational costs are optimised.
The remaining SMEs (12 per cent) will adopt a wait-and-see approach in view of the changing business environment.

Check out our latest podcast interview with Melcom Copeland of Wadzpay on NFTs.

“Our joint survey with the SME Association of Malaysia showcases valuable insights into the current mindset and intent of small to medium businesses in Malaysia,” FedEx Express Malaysia, Managing Director SC Chong said.
“We at FedEx Malaysia are already adapting and digitising with agility to better support these businesses in scaling up cross-border commerce capabilities.
“As an essential service provider, FedEx has operated throughout lockdowns, prioritising our customers’ recovery and e-commerce growth. 
The survey was conducted at the end of last and saw the participation from 383 Malaysian SMEs, with the majority of them recording up to RM10 million in turnover in 2021.
Over 70 per cent of the companies registered an average of 200 shipments per month last year through e-commerce activities, utilising a mix of logistics services to ship via air and land. 
In addition to this joint survey, both entities have collaboratively rolled out the SME Alliance program which provides e-commerce logistics solutions to SMEs looking to level up their international shipments.
This strategic alliance offers various benefits and privileges for members of the SME Association of Malaysia throughout the year.

Editor’s Note: You can now download our app on the Google Play Store or the Apple Store, or write your next best selling novel with our sister app Toolis, available on the Apple Store and Google Play Store or purchase something from us at, or at Also, check out our rate card and media kit here if you would like to advertise with us on this website. Thank you!

Success! You're on the list.

Like What You Read?

Howdy! Thanks for dropping by and reading our stuff. is an independent website that covers all things business and entrepreneurship related. If you like what you read, a little donation from your good self will go a long way in helping us run this site successfully. Thank you!


Leave a Reply