By June Ramli
Learning to Pivot
Welcome to another episode of 30 minutes with DailyStraits.com. Today, we are gonna break away from our usual entrepreneurial chit chat and speak to a Managing Director (MD) of a large public listed company instead. So, our first guest for this series is Edward Loy, the MD of KONE Malaysia.
Founded in 1910, KONE is a public listed company headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. The company builds and services moving walkways, , escalators, elevators, automatic doors and gates.
It provides services for builders, developers, building owners, designers and architects in 1,000 offices in over 50 countries.
So, today, we are gonna speak to Edward about all things engineering and how he manages his day to day affairs as a country MD for KONE.
Some of the questions that would be answered in this podcast are:
• Explaining to our listeners what KONE does as a company?
• How has the pandemic impacted KONE’s business in Malaysia?
• How does KONE ensures that its employees, subcontractors, and partners are safeguarded during the pandemic?
• What are some of the new large scale projects that KONE is working on in Malaysia?
• How does one become a country MD for a public-listed company like KONE?
Without further ado, let’s listen to Edward’s interview here:
Listen to other episodes here:
Subscribe to DailyStraits.com podcasts at: