The Maldives Minister of Tourism, Dr. Abdulla Mausoom, has confirmed in an exclusive interview with DailyStraits.com that his country is safe to visit and welcomes visitors from all backgrounds, including those on a budget.
He assured the publication that even college students can experience the Maldives.
In terms of connectivity from Australia and New Zealand, Dr Mausoom hopes to have some positive news for those wanting to visit his country by next year.
Currently, Malaysia’s Batik Air would start offering direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to the Maldives starting from June 23 this year.
For the full interview, please refer to the video below.
Listen to our previous episodes here:
- An Interview with ASWARA Vice Rector Professor Azril Ismail
- Podcast: David Chiem of MindChamps
- Maldives Tourism Minister Affirms Safety for Visitors
- Podcast: Peter Petroulas of WhizButler
- Bruce Poon Tip discusses responsible travel in “The Last Tourist” documentary
Subscribe to DailyStraits.com podcasts at:
June Ramli is the editor of DailyStraits.com. To stay in touch with June, look her up on Twitter @junesairaramli